Resources is continued from previous page.
A M E R I C A N O L E A N . C O M
what is LEED
LEED is a set of guidelines for environmentally sustainable design and construction. This voluntary building certification program was
established by the U.S. Green Building Council to give architects, designers and builders measurable environmental objectives.
how do I qualify for LEED credits?
Part of our commitment to beautiful design with consideration for the environment is working with you to design and build
using the LEED certification system. LEED is a set of guidelines for environmentally sustainable design and construction.
Using American Olean products may help contribute to earning LEED points in at least two of the six categories:
M AT E R I A L S A N D R E S O U R C E S ( M & R )
- More than 97% of American Olean's manufactured products contain pre-consumer recycled material
- American Olean's products containing both pre- and post-consumer recycled materials will contribute recycled material value and
help a project's efforts to achieve points in this category
- American Olean's multiple manufacturing facilities in the United States and Mexico provide the opportunity for our
products and raw materials to be closer to more building projects, thus conserving fossil fuels required for
transportation, and may contribute regional materials value to the project
- American Olean's cardboard and shrink-wrap packaging materials contain recycled materials and all packaging (pallets, cartons and
shrink-wrap) is 100% recyclable
I N D O O R E N V I R O N M E N TA L Q U A L I T Y ( I E Q )
- Most tile glazes are water based and use minimal amounts of solvents. Once fired, the tile and glaze are completely
fused and there is no possibility of emissions of volatile gases
- American Olean's manufactured tile products have been tested and are compliant with the Collaborative for High
Performance Schools (CHPS) Low-Emitting Material Standard
For more information and to download the CHPS Low-Emitting Material Standard Criteria, visit www.chps.net.
A O G R E E N W O R K S
Previous Page - Next Page
-2015-2016 Product Catalog
Choose a different catalog.
Virtual Catalogs | American Olean